Competitive 40k tactics and Battle Reports with the Tyranid Codex

Friday, November 23, 2012

Batrep: Nids vs IG 1850



So this Batrep is a bit of an old game, I played it over a week ago. Details may be a bit hazy, but I'm trying to write a batrep for every game I play with Nids in 6th.

My list: BeakyCon minus 3 Hive Guard

Flyrant with dakka
Dakka shellrant, OA 1x guard
3 Hive Guard
2 Zoanthropes
3 Tervigons, with three powers, Toxin Adrenal and one has Crushing Claws
10 gants
20 gants
20 gants
2 Biovores

My opponents list:
CCS, with a banner and a few flamers
4 flamers PCS
50 man blob with two Autocannons and flamers
10 meltavets in a chimera
Basalisk
Aegis with Quad gun
Space Marine Captain with fist
five scouts
Vendetta
Leman Russ with Heavy Bolters and a Lascannon
Demolisher with a Las cannon

Warlord Traits were both useless and forgotten. Night Fight was non existant all game.

My Psychic Powers: I lost the list I wrote them on, but I do know the gist.

Flyrant: Smite, Life Leech
Tyrant: Smite, Enfeeble
Tervigon 1: Iron Arm, ***, ***
Tervigon 2: Iron Arm, ***, ***
Tervigon 3: Iron Arm, ***, ***
Zoanthrope 1: Psychic Shriek, Terrify
Zoanthrope 2: Psychic Shriek, ***

The Mission: The Scouring? Unsure of name... it had 6 objectives of random point values, and then FA were scoring. Vanguard Strike as deployment.

The Board: Far, top left was a large bunker (2 of the objectives were there) To the right of that was a third objective, which was wrapped up by my opponents Aegis line. There was a ruin ti the bottom left with an objective in it, a matching bunker bottom right with an objective behind it, and a roughly central objective in a wood.

My opponent has the opposite side for the above, just to clarify.

Objectives: He gets 4, 3, 2 and I get 1, 2, and 3. My backfield is the 1 and 2, being practically worthless.

Deployment: Nids: Three Tervis and Tyrant right up front, as usual. Flyrant to my left, Hive Guard and Zoeys hide behind a wall of gants, and 10 gants babysit the 1 point objective on my bottom right.

Deployment IG: The Blob is up top of the Bunker, with HWTs behind them and on the right parapets. Captain is on the Quadgun right next to it, and attached by a guardsmen chain. Scouts deploy closest to me, behind Aegis, shielding the Demolisher. His regular Russ is far right, in front of the Meltavets Chimera. Both Platoon and Company Command Squads are behind the bunker, with the Basalisk. Vendetta is reserved.

Turn 1 Nids: One Tervigon Spawns, onto the bottom left objective. Everthing advances/runs. Flyrant shoots and whipes out Scouts after they fall back off the board. First Blood Nids.

Turn 1 Guard: Moving is non existant. Shooting Kills two Hive Guard, wounds the last.

Turn 2 Nids: All Tervigons spawn, no doubles. Gants shoot the blob, kill a few. Lone Hive Guard wounds the Quadgun, which the Tyrant finishes off.

Turn 2 IG: The last Hive guard dies, and three of the 4 gant squads up front are destroyed. Tehre are a few scattered remnants, one has a lone survivor.

Turn 3 Nids: All Spawns, no doubles. The gants pore firepower into the guardsmen, and the Tyrants finish the Captain off after an enfeeble goes off.

Turn 3 IG: The Biovores are killed off. Theres a random wound on a Tervigon, but again the gant broods are just mauled. There's a brutal battle of atrition right up front, but the rest of the Nids are getting closer... Vendetta comes in, which is how the Bios died.

Turn 4 Nids: All Spawn. NO DOUBLES. His blob is getting whittled down by constant firepower from Fleshborers. He loses a HWT squad to Devourer fire, and then his Commissar is sniped out by Tervigons.

Turn 4 IG: Again, his Firepower is holding off the encroaching swarm, but this turn there are a few more survivors...

Turn 5 Nids: I spawn, two of them double out. The gants pour over the edge of the bunker, and shooting whipes out the blob to a man. The Flyrant has also mounted the parapet.

Turn 5 IG: His Vendetta flat-outs and is in range of the 2 point objective. Lascannons kill 2 gants, and the Lascannon on the demolisher kills one more, forcing a check. They fail and go off the board. Basalisk hits the 10 on my 1 point objective, they fail their check and fall off the board. One surviving HWT gets the objective on the bunker, lascannon fire kills the only gants in range to contest. Meltavets disembark. PCS runs up and flames a few gants, claiming the Aegis objective.

If the Game ends now, my opponent holds 4, and I hold 1... at the end of my turn, I had been leading 4 objectives to 0! The game goes on... my opponent concedes now. I would have had rear armor shots his Vendetta, and couldve spawned onto that objective. Also, I had plenty of gants posed to overwhelm the Bunker and Aegis objective, while the Flyrant would've dropped onto the Meltavets and wrecked them.

Final Thoughts: My opponent played a great game, and was in a great position to win. This was agreat game, and really shows that you have to focus on the win. I got way too caught up on killing the Blob. I did turn 5, but then didn't have a chance to run onto objectives... This was only a friendly game, so we did play a bit relaxed, but great game nonetheless!

2 comments: