Competitive 40k tactics and Battle Reports with the Tyranid Codex

Thursday, October 10, 2013

BeakyCon3 Game 2 2250 vs Space Marines


*Disclaimer on Batreps! I played 5 games this weekend. It's entirely possible I forgot some details, but I'll do what I can to make it as accurate as possible. I may confuse if I blew up a chimera on turn 2 or 3, etc. If you were my opponent in any of these reports, please speak up and correct any errors I made. Also, opponents will be identified by first name only. If anyone would like even that removed, just let me know and it'll disappear.* 

Opponent: Hendrik

List: Iron Hands: 



Master of the Forge, Shield Eternal, Servo Harness 

5 Tac Marines in Assault Cannon Razorback 
5 Tac Marines in Assault Cannon Razorback 
5 Tac Marines in Assault Cannon Razorback 
5 Tac Marines in Assault Cannon Razorback 
5 Tac Marines in Assault Cannon Razorback 
5 Tac Marines in Assault Cannon Razorback 

3 Centurions with Missile/Grav Cannons 
Land Raider 

Rifleman Dread 
Rifleman Dread 

Thunderfire Cannon 
Thunderfire Cannon 

Stormtalon (Skyhammer Missiles, Assault Cannon) 
Stormtalon (Skyhammer Missiles, Assault Cannon) 

My powers: 

Tyrant 1: Enfeeble, Life Leech 
Tyrant 2: Endurance, Warp speed 
Tyrant 3: Life Leech, Smite 
Tervigon 1: Endurance, Smite, Enfeeble 
Tervigon 2: Smite, Warp Speed, Endurance 
Tervigon 3: Iron Arm, Endurance, Smite 
Zoanthrope 1: Puppet Master, Psychic Shriek 
Zoanthrope 2: Puppet Master, Psychic Shriek 
Zoanthrope 3: Puppet Master, Psychic Shriek 
Doom: Psychic Shriek 

The Mission: Hammer and Anvil 

Two Primaries: 
Emperors Will: Your objective is worth 2 points, your opponents is 10. 
Kill Points modified: Scoring units are two points, the Warlord is worth 4. 

Starting turn 5, -1 to Psychic powers, turn 6 -2, etc. (This has no effect) 

Bonus points: Last blood, Linebreaker

First turn: Iron Hands

(I am writing from the perspective of a Long board edge. My DZ to the left, opponents to the right. "Up top" is the opposite long board edge, bottom is mine.)

Deployment Iron Hands: He puts his MotF and Centurions in the Raider in the center, and 3 Razbacks on either side, relatively moved up. A Thunderfire and dread behind the vehicle line on each side, in pieces of bolstered area terrain. His objective is in the middle of his DZ but moved up.

Deployment Nids: Two Tervigons on the bottom, with all three flyrants behind for cover. One Tervigon in the center and towards the top, my Objective is bottom left of the board. Biovores start way far back. Everything else reserved, including one ten man gant squad. 

Turn 1 Hands: Night fight is on, so he advances and shoots to little effect. Raider gets up in my face, doesn't disembark. 

(Remember, troops are two KPs, Warlord is 4) Kill points: IH: 0 Nids: 0

Turn 1 Nids: The three Flyrants fly way up and around the Raider, as well as one spawned gant squad, so it can't advance or disembark any further forward. My Tervigons move back a bit out of Centurion range. Shooting is very inneffective as I fail to destroy any Razorbacks.

IH: 0 Nids: 0

Turn 2 Hands: His Talons come in on the top, and are avoiding the Tyrants. His Razorbacks ground two Tyrants, who then are killed by split-fring Centurions who jumped out. Stormtalons both shoot a Tervigon and take off three wounds. 

IH: 2 Nids: 0

Turn 2 Nids: Flyrant sweeps over his lines and behind, destroying a Razback in the process. Wounded Tervigon advances and spawns up top, they assault and kill one Razorback. Ymgarls come down and kill another. Spawned gants and Ymgarls assault his Centurions and kill one.

Tervigons advance with Grav weapons tied up. Zoanthropes drop down and Puppet master a Dread but only take two HPs off a Razor. 



IH: 2 Nids: 3

Iron Hands 3: His two disembarked Tac Marines and a third up top rapid fire, blowing away 4 stealers and a few gants. Stormtalons go hover mode and kill the Tervigon (Warlord). His Razorbacks and Raider ping off a few wounds here and there from the Tervigons and Flyrant.

IH: 6 Nids: 3

Tyranids 3: The DOOM comes in and does some real soul-searching. I believe he totals two 5 man squads with help from some spare gants. Zoanthropes Puppet Master the Dread again and blow a Stormtalon down. The Flyrant drops and combi-charges a Dread and Thunderfire, but does no real damage. Another Centurion is killed. 10 gants come in and do nothing.


IH: 6 Nids: 8

Iron Hands turn 4: MotF gets out and assaults a Tervigon.A 5 man squad disembarks next to him but can't assault. Two Razorbacks (one full one empty) race up the bottom side towards me. In CC Tervigon and MotF take a wound each, and my Flyrant kills the Thunderfire. A squad of gants is also killed I believe, as well as the last of one Ymgarl squad.



IH: 9 Nids: 7

Tyranids turn 4: Dooms Leech finishes off a third troops choice and moves towards the Dread. But first, Zoeys puppet master him again to knock down the last Talon. Gants then get spawned near my objective to deal with the Razorback and troops inside. I surround it and glance it to death, killing the squad. Tervigon assaults and kills the Sarge of another 5 man squad.  Doom then assaults and glances the unlocked dread. Random gaunt shooting kills a Razorback I believe (there's one left at this point. Ymgarls kill the last Centurion.)

IH: 9 Nids: 15

Iron Hands turn 5: He shoots down the last Ymgarls with his Thunderfire and last Razback. My Flyrant kills his dread.

IH: 10 Nids: 16

Nids turn 5: I assault and kill the Raider with a Tervigon. Flyrant and gants assault and combo-kill the 4 man tac squad. Biovores and Zoeys Psychic Shriek kill the last surviving Tac marines (whose ride I think I killed earlier). My gants from reserve run to claim his objective, I have a ten man squad on mine.



The game ends here.

I am leading modified Kill Points, 23-10. I also hold both objectives for 12 points, and Linebreaker and Last Blood.

Victory, 37-10!

Post game: This was a tough match-up for my opponent I think, as he had a lot of Kill points that I could get. He was a very friendly guy though, who I'd happily play again. It was a good way for me to bounce back though. Game three vs Daemons coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment